AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

glyphosate prices....coup???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

chocgopher
Posted 10/19/2008 23:49 (#486232)
Subject: glyphosate prices....coup???

Iowa
Searching back through this forum, it seems that this topic was last discussed at length at the end of August. Just wondering if anything has changed in the last month and a half, especially in light of the deteriorating economic climate.

Coup...on July 23, you stated that people buying generic at that time would regret it in about 60-90 days, and then on Aug 24 went on to describe the reasons why you thought that glyphosate demand would be down in 2009. We are almost sitting now at that 90 day mark. Do you still feel the same as when you authored these previous posts? I am very interested in your opinion on the matter. I seem to recall that you were one of the first to be forewarning of the 2008 price increase. By heeding your recommendations and locking up our 2008 needs last December, we ended up saving about $20,000 over eventual inseason prices. However, you now seem to the lone wolf in predicting that gly prices will drop while everyone else is calling for further increases. Can you please elaborate?

As I am sure you can surmise, I am asking because the local supplier is offering us a chance to purchase and take delivery of genesis 4 lb product at $29/gallon. It seems that this is very close to the prices quoted at the end of August when this was last discussed. So the price has not fluctuated much in the last 50 days, but what do we have to look forward to? We normally prepay our chemicals in late Dec/early Jan for tax reasons.

Looking forward to your input, coup. And welcome thoughts from all others!!

choc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)