AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ron update on your battery from below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

260david437
Posted 4/10/2016 12:06 (#5234050)
Subject: Ron update on your battery from below

north east IN
If you have a battery that want charge or has 3 lights and want start charging to top it off start the battery like when you start the quad then plug the charger in and it should start charging or finish topping it off.
This did not work on your battery so I took it apart. Was kind of surprised as it had 6 cells wired in series so you end up with a 3 cell 12 volt battery. I thought they just had 3 big cells. The pair on each end had 4.2 volts but the pair in the center had .2 volts. To get it to charge you need at least 9.6 volts on the 3 cells so that is why it would not charge. I put jumpers on the center pair and hooked it up to my smart lipo charger and told the charger I was charging a 6 volt lead battery. You need to be very carefull doing this that you don't catch the battery on fire. The charger would charge at .1 amp for 5 minutes then shut off saying voltage to low then I would restart it. Did this for two hours but If the cell is below the 9.6 a lipo charger want charge if you have some charge in it you can jump start it up to the 9.6 like I tried but yours was to low.
My best guess is the balancer In the battery had something wrong with it tried to balance those two cells and took them to 0. Have no ideal why it did not take them all to 0 as it is suppose to keep all 6 balanced. Was going to say you shoul check your battery's once a month and if getting low put it on the charger before it gets below 9.6 volts. The problem with that is if the balancer is not working it could catch on fire when charging it

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpeg (98KB - 335 downloads)
Attachments image.jpeg (98KB - 323 downloads)
Attachments image.jpeg (124KB - 328 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)