AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

milking parlor questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

sparty
Posted 6/25/2008 16:59 (#404350)
Subject: milking parlor questions

Need to update my milking system / setup. Currently in a 28 yr old tie stall barn and have recently expanded freestall barn with capacity of 140 cows. Currently at 120. Tie stall barn is wore out ( stalls, manure equipment ,etc.). Original plan was to build new milking center when we hit the 140 mark , which should be sometime late this fall. However after pricing new from the ground up, that doesn't seem to be practical. The tie stall barn is sound. I have plenty of height and width to accomadate a pit type parlor and holding pen with return lane and treatment area. My question is , how many of you have or know someone that uses a swing type parlor with a high line. My equipment dealer suggested one and I thought that type of system would be like going back 40 years. However, yesterday I seen in a dairy publication the use of such systems in Iowa and was impressed with the looks and cost of such. It was called a Trans Iowa Low Cost Parlor. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate their comments. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)