AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couple of things I'd like to see...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DRAW W8
Posted 6/2/2007 14:04 (#157475)
Subject: Couple of things I'd like to see...

East Central Alberta

While driving the first pass of a quarter section,and trying to shift the A-B for the best line... I'd really like an automatic A-B setting feature.

For example.. If I wan't A-B line to be straight north and south(0 degrees) I usually use the "A + heading" feature on our JD system. Set it at 0 degrees and hit the "A" button, then shift the line a few times on the first pass by the headland to find the best fit.  Could be improved by automatically finding the farthest edge of the field and striking that as the A-B line.

In other words driving north on the east side of a quarter,the autosteer unit would automatically  find the most eastern edge while driving and strike the line there.

Maybe some other company already has this?

Another thing,  while harvesting, why can't a combine's yield monitor figure out the width of cut automatically by comparing previous passes in the field to what is left uncut. Get a little tired of manually trying to punch in the right width of cut sometimes on point rows, so that the yield maps look appropriate.

Again maybe somebody other than JD has already come up with that.

PS. Finally got done seeding, a couple of days ago. Only a good two weeks later than it should have been. Hope for a long frost free summer,and fall.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)