AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tough deal...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

chadincolo
Posted 11/30/2010 10:52 (#1461195)
Subject: Tough deal...

Lander, WY
Got a call Sunday that while my Aunt and Uncle were on a tour in South America, my Uncle had passed away. Apparently it was an ordeal getting all the paperwork filled out at the embassy to get the body taken care of and ready to return. She is on her way back home, will fly into Denver later today. I was going to go pick her up and help get her back home to NW Kansas, but her son was able to make it work to fly to DIA this morning and meet her at the gate and rent a car to drive her home. I can't imagine what she's gone through and there was no way she was going to show up at the airport without some support there, I'm glad her son will be able to meet her there.

They have been retired for about 5 or 10 years, traveled around the US in an RV, saw what they wanted to see, and had done numerous trips overseas, and recently have spent winters in Texas and traveling to see their grandkids. Dave grew up on the farm in NW Kansas, and farmed many years, raised a lot of cattle, and lived a full life. I was at his farm sale in the 80's, and he was able to hold on and keep farming, and I went out to help him get ready for his retirement auction in the late 90's. I hope I am able to get out to the funeral and pay my respects.

The mark of a good man is the response when he dies, and from talking with my cousin, Uncle Dave definitely touched a lot of people. Before the plane even lands, their house will be de-winterized and stocked with food, people have offered to meet where ever needed for transportation, and I'm sure the funeral will be overflowing out of the church.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)