AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Possible vote fraud - need opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

McCartman
Posted 11/4/2010 18:49 (#1421825)
Subject: Possible vote fraud - need opinions

Our school district ran a referendum to build a new school. The referendum passed - I voted for it myself as I thought it was the best option compared to fixing several issues with the old building. My mom works the polls in our township - usually a group of 5 older ladies. They ALWAYS stay to count the votes after the polls close at 8 pm. THIS election, the township clerk excused them at 8 pm. The clerk is a member of the school board. Who shows up to count the votes, but himself, his sister and brother-in-law, and a 4th person who also has connections to the school board. The sister was heavily promoting the passing of this referendum in the weeks leading up to election day.

Again, I voted "yes" on this and it passed. I am concerned about this however. Does anyone else smell a rat? Were any laws broken? If so, who can this be reported to? Mom tossed around the idea of calling a township supervisor, but knows that word would get back to the clerk and she'd be blackballed from ever being asked to work the polls again - something that she enjoys doing. The clerk is also a neighbor of ours (and parents), but we are not particularly close. If there was wrongdoing here, I would have no qualms whatsoever about reporting this and with Mom's blessing. She and the other four ladies all signed documentation stating that the election was without issue - and then were excused. Please advise....

Edited by McCartman 11/4/2010 18:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)