AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Bruschetta Recipe w/Pics!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ILOVECH
Posted 1/15/2010 16:36 (#1024163)
Subject: My Bruschetta Recipe w/Pics!

Ontario, Canada

I've been eating bruschetta lately like it's going out of style, anyone else craving this????  Just wanted to share my little recipe, it's a great quick lunch idea!

I like to use this bread, it's a soft but thick italian bread - almost any bread will do.

Lay about 8 slices of bread (or how many you can fit) onto a oven safe pan/glassware (I put parchment underneath).

All you need really is olive oil, green onions, tomatoes, and mozarella.  Today I threw in some meat sticks (sausage jerky) as well.  You can also substitue OR add mushrooms, asparagus, any leftover meat, etc...

Diced tomatoes, green onions and meat sticks with 2 tbsp. of olive oil.

Spoon mixture onto bread spreading evenly. 

Add mozarella!  (Enough to cover).  Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 20 minutes.

All done!  mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Easy cucumber salad I make to go with the bruschetta.  I just take some previously frozen cucumbers that were peeled and finely sliced (you can also use fresh) and mix them with a bit of sour cream, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper.  They have to be sliced paper thin, not with a knife, I just use the slicer on my cheese grater.

Strawberry dessert.  I just mush up some previously frozen strawberries and mix them with fresh whip cream (and top with whip cream!)

Quick and easy lunch!  (Excuse my jello - I don't like the strawberry dessert!!!)

Edited by ILOVECH 1/15/2010 16:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)