AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Make your five predictions for 2010
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 12/28/2009 19:52 (#990706)
Subject: Make your five predictions for 2010

Mascoutah, Illinois
I thought it would be fun for everyone to submit five predictions for 2010. The following predictions are my five for 2010.

1. The 2010 midterm elections will see numerous Democrats voted out along with numerous incumbents from both parties.
2. We will see crude oil touch triple digits due to either geopolitical risks or inflation taking flight. ($4.00 diesel prices)
3. We will see a $5.50 print for a corn contract IF the follwing factors take place. My opinion is based upon some of the following factors. (1) The winter will be extremely harsh from now until late March. (2) The record snowfalls already seen in the cornbelt will take longer to melt as winter hangs around longer than usual. (3) Portions of the northern and northwestern cornbelt still have approximately 600 million bushels of corn to harvest. (4 )We have had very little fall tillage completed in most areas due to the late harvest and the very wet fall of 2009. (5) We will have a very wet spring further hampering corn seeding. (6) We will once again see a cool summer due to the solar cycle. (7) Farmers will plant less corn because the harvest of 2009 is still fresh in their minds.
4. A major bank in the United States implodes or possibly AIG goes under. (The "too big to fail" arguement will be center stage once again.)
5. The dollar will see a 90 print in 2010.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)