AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm a bit bewildered by the purist capitalism thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Don Kraft
Posted 12/13/2009 13:54 (#964162)
Subject: I'm a bit bewildered by the purist capitalism thoughts

As if the great depression was a great cleanser. A natural event that actually depressed labor cost back to what they should be? Is that the right solution for now? Break labor costs back to managable levels. Even suggesting a cut in minimum wages as a realistic solution.

Millions of people are trying to survive now on minimum wage or a little more. These folks can't pay the rent, their groceries to say nothing of health care. Driving the standard of living lower is actually a plus. Convince me.

Those of you that worship at the altar of capitalism, must have no regard for your fellow man. Capitalism's objective is to oppress workers in pursuit of profits.

Corps want to go overseas to save on taxes or labor, that is their choice. But don't treat them as great patriots when they are basically telling you they don't really want to be married to america but merely want to exploit america as Obama does white women. For fun and profit with no financial responsibility?

Perhaps that is the best argument for the fair tax. At least foreign imports would be exposed to the same tax burden that local goods does. For certain Americans would pay the tax but foreign goods would not have a tax advantage of domestic production.

I wonder who you people think are going to buy our production and pay the taxes. If your drive incomes lower so that business can thrive, then lower incomes can not buy product nor can they pay taxes. Business will make money but they don't want to pay taxes or wages. Amazing logic!

The last decade or so the government has catered to business. Lower taxes and low interest rates is a benefit to business and they reward us by transferring income and jobs off shore.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)