AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tech update Beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ehoff
Posted 12/8/2009 11:38 (#955343)
Subject: Tech update Beans

Central Missouri
This is how I see things today on beans. As always this is short term analysis. Use the info just fyi.

A close over the high of 10.78 would indicate that hings have changed fundamentally. There are 3 things in my opinion that would make that change 1. bad S.A. weather 2. Lower dollar 3. Chinese continued buyingn from U.S. at the expense of S.A.

I have to assume that beans are headed lower because the macd has rolled lower. A close below 10.31 will confirm that for me and you can even make a h&s high out of the last 3 weeks trade which would initially project down to 9.85.

Here is the Jan bean chart http://www.agrichartsmobile.com/markets/chart.php?ab=quotescharts&p...(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmb=223457291.33.10.1260285873&__utmc=223457291&PHPSESSID=oaegkj57qf9vuh1h7bk8hd9d71&studies=VOLI;MACD;&density=X

The primary uptrend is drawn off of the Mar and Oct lows. I don't think we will break that but it could lend support if we have a seasonal low in Feb/Mar which is possible if there is a big south Amer crop which looks likely so far.

The secondary uptrend is drawn off of the oct and nov lows and comes in at somewhere close to 10.10 today. A break of that portends to lower prices absent of weather problems in S.A.

Here is a less condensed version of the same chart. Left shoulder on Nov 23, head on Dec1, Right shoulder yesterday. This pattern will be confirmed with a close below 10.30.

http://www.agrichartsmobile.com/markets/chart.php?ab=quotescharts&p...(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmb=223457291.51.10.1260285873&__utmc=223457291&PHPSESSID=oaegkj57qf9vuh1h7bk8hd9d71&studies=VOLI;RSI;

I like to hear other thoughts asI don't catch everyting I should. This is just my take today and the close may negate all I've just said but as of now things look lower.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)