House wiring screw up
forget
Posted 8/5/2022 20:16 (#9782388)
Subject: House wiring screw up


eastern sd

Electric company came out and put a new meter socket and shutoff on the pole at our house, the previous one was a transfer switch from 1958 when the house was built and the breaker inside it started tripping frequently. After they installed the new box I went in the house and flipped a light switch and the blub burned out right a way, noticed the microwave wouldn't turn on, went in another room and flipped the switch light burned out right away, stuck a volt meter in a socket and sure enough 240V. I called them and they came back and they had hooked a wire up wrong, they admitted fault and said make a list of everything that's affected and we'll replace it. They also sent out an electrician to check everything in the house over and make sure there wasn't any major damage, I was gone when they did that and haven't heard if they found anything serious. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what came of it, sucks I'll have to replace appliances and such but at least they're going to pay for it, I'm mainly concerned about the possibility of melted wiring somewhere or something like that. So far its the oven, microwave, an electric piano, and I think the fridge in the kitchen. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page